Who We Are
'Let me be your servant, Lord'
We are a Catholic Congregation of women dedicated to Our Lady, the first Christ-bearer.
Our foundress Frances Taylor served with Florence Nightingale in the Crimea before founding the Congregation and becoming Mother Magdalen.
- It was her dream that we be Christ-bearers, carrying His light, His love, His compassion and His healing to all.
- She was captivated by the wonder of the Incarnation, that God should share the joy and pain of being human.
- She believed that this challenged us to respect every human person, to enable them to be happy and fulfilled.
- She wished us to reach out to the most vulnerable - to be servants.
And so we are:
Our Spirituality >
- Women, blessed and anointed
- Called to be Christ-Bearers as Mary was, lighting up the dark places of our world with prayer
- Offering hope, life and understanding